Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Jane, stop this crazy thing

Wow I'm dating myself with THAT title/quote. Can you place it?

I'm hanging in there. The work crisis will be over on Friday, god willing. That's when I've promised to have the Horrible Large Thing finished. There are interim milestones all week, two of which are over (an internal meeting to review the Horrible Thing in process, and a presentation to the UK team). Presentation tomorrow to Latin America (no, not all of it) and then finalizing the Thing and getting it in the rear view mirror. Life ought to improve dramatically at that point.

Here's an indication of how distracted I am... I *just* realized yesterday that this is a three-day weekend coming up! I'm SOOOO excited. It'll be an excellent end to the hell.

It sure would be nice if I had a new baby horse to play with for some or all of the long weekend, but I have no idea if the mare will deign to cooperate. She had a few nights of wild pre-labor activity and now, nothing.

I've managed to snatch a few moments to enjoy the horses, in addition to providing the catering and maid service they've come to expect. Haven't ridden in, like, forever -- but these are not normal circumstances. I'll go back on plan when the work situation improves. It'd be very nice if foal watch was over by then too, but the work stuff is what's really killing me.

Hope y'all are doing well, seeing some spring/summer weather and having some horsy fun!

5 comments:

Heidi the Hick said...

I got to ride the lil pinto pony mare yesterday while she was in heat and had to worry about her big gelding boyfriend and dance like an idiot every time we rode past the spot on the fence where she could see him!!!!!!

It took about a half hour to settle her down. Finally I got her collected and listening to me. Now that I look back on it, it was kind of funny. Poor lil lovestruck mare.

Work is crazy here too, not for me, but for my husband. I didn't see him for 5 days last week... luckily for him there's a place to sleep and a shower at the studio. He tells me things will settle down soon. I can only hope. It's time for a deep breath. I'm sure you can relate.

cdncowgirl said...

oh oh oh oh oh! The Jetson's right? lol
Glad you have some sunshine (your 3 day weekend)at the end of this. :)

Kigercat said...

I know I know I know...George Jetson to his wife Jane when he got sucked up by the treadmill....
Walks away humming Meet George Jetson His boy Elroy Daughter Judy Jane, his wife..... oh and Astro was talking before scooby doo...
Now THAT's sad =)

Unknown said...

Everyone beat me to the Jetson's, lol.

I hope that you had a great weekend!

Callie said...

I believe it is "The Jetsons" Opening credits, when George has Astro walking on the belt and it all goes wonky.